Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What I REALLY Did On Monday?

The contrast between what I am blogging about during our bloggy adventures and what I am actually doing is pretty dramatic. Monday, for example I spent the day with over 700 bloggy buddies sharing intrigue, wearing haute couture and enjoying wonderful food on the luxurious Orient Express. The train left the station at 7:00 am - meanwhile I was still sound asleep - thousands of miles from Paris. I had finished my post just before 2:00 AM and then set the alarm for 8:00 so I wouldn't miss out on too much of the early morning commentary.

.


.
I was still wearing my PJ's at 11:30. When I finally got dressed I put on a pair of black slacks and a T shirt. I sneezed the buttons off the slacks late last year and haven't sewn them back on yet. No make-up, day old hair, and a pair of flip-flops completed my ensemble for the day.
. .
The dining car offered a delicious breakfast, including eggs Benedict. I had a bagel that I forgot in the toaster until it was cold and dry with near-expiration-date cream cheese. No mimosa's to drink with my real breakfast either - although I did sneak a basket of oranges off the tree - being careful not to raise the ire of the (probably Africanized) bees buzzing around the new blossoms. No clickity clack of the train - instead the sound of the juicer. But fresh orange juice! Pretty close to champagne...

.

As I moved from car to car, having tea, "borrowing" jewels and chatting with Turkish delights I was actually out on the yard whacking branches off the unwieldy fig tree and chatting with a friend who stopped by for some of the cuttings

.


I planted some bromiliads that another friend gave me. I didn't "borrow" them. Honest.
.

And then, in between intrigues, I sat down on the sofa for "just a few minutes" and promptly fell asleep for an hour. That's when I reported in comments that I had taken a lovely nap in my stateroom.

.


Dinner? The Orient Express offered a delectable menu that included duchess potatoes. I had several helpings of those.
.

The real life dinner of the day was White Castles - a hold over favorite from my Michigan days.

Quite a contrast!

Imagination is a wonderful thing!

What were you really doing???

25 comments:

Mim said...

What am I really doing?? Reading your post and laughing - what else???

Pat said...

Well, I too was reading your post...and pretending to work.

steviewren said...

I woke early to read your post and all the early bird comments before I left for work. I managed to get online once or twice at work for a couple of quick comments. When I got home I gobbled some hummus while I refreshed constantly to read the one hundred + comments. So, in short my dear I was glued to your blog for most of my free hours.

Devoted said...

LOL! I read a couple of times but spent the day leading a young man to faith in Christ. It was one of the best days of my life. Now a young couple has a hope for the future. Imagination is wonderful but God is FANTASTIC!

Shelley said...

LOl at the white castles! I have some frozen in my freezer! Shall I ship you some?!!

Linda said...

What was I really doing? Trying to stay updated with you all. LOL. You try coming up with fast responses and stories..oh wait, you do that everyday. (more giggling--which, excuse me, I am just in a giggly mood, lol.)

I was so busy here, I could not keep up with my homeschooling duties..hows that for apples, lolol.

Blessings

Debby said...

I was cleaning house, hauling and stacking firewood, helping the husband bleed the brakes on the car. But I got to dream about chinchilla and pink party shoes while I was doing it. That was nice.

Rudee said...

I live down the street from White Castles, but I have never tried them. On Valentine's Day, they put white linen tablecloths out for romantic diners. Sort of like the Orient Express dining car.

Yes-fresh squeezed orange juice sounds as good as champagne.

Anonymous said...

What was I really doing? Well, in the morning I met with my parole officer cuz I had some 'splainin' to do. After that I had lunch with a local witch-doctor. He kooky but always treats. After that I continued working on my 2000-page treatise "The History of Margarine". That really tuckered me out. I took a nap about four in my tree-house then did my daily tight-rope exercise on some nearby high-wires. In the evening I defused a couple of nuclear bombs and heckled my neighbour and chased some kids off my lawn for fun and then did some crafts with bamboo and turkey feathers. All in all just another typical day !

-Lavi

Sparky said...

What was I doing? Who wants to know? [JK] My day was quiet expect for trying to keep up the the half zillion hilarious posts and comments! There's a lot of clever folks out there in virtual land.

Let's see, I was actually doing the laundry (or rather, the machine was), cleaned our 6 ft. x 6 ft. windows that encircle the house (I'm into light rooms) and emptied two closets of clothes for Salvation Army and other miscellaneous chores. But I wouldn't have missed the "train trip" for all the money in Fort Knox. It was fun! ♥ ∞

MuseSwings said...

Of all the comments I think Lavys is by far the most realistic.

ChaChaneen said...

That is really funny! Oh I love it! You deserved the rest yesterday my friend. I was whooped too, had to veg out with movies. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Musey, I concur! But yours is a close second....

-Lavi

Debby said...

I've always been curious about the 'real' life of Lavinia Ladyslipper. Funny. I figured it somewhat differently. I figured that, for her, arts and crafts would be some sort of ceramics project, instead of bamboo and turkey feathers. Everything else, though? Pretty much what I expected.

Anonymous said...

For some reason I'm having a problem commenting - so if you get my message twice I apologize - please include me in your orient express adventure - I'm having fun, fun, fun with this!

Lavinia said...

Debby, you so funny. Ha ha ha ha ha cough cough sputter sputter pfffffffffttttttttttttttt.

MuseSwings said...

Lavinia, let me help you back into your chaise - you'll need a toes up after all of that activity earlier this week and also becoming quite hysterical over Debby's commentary. What is today's schedule like?

Kat Mortensen said...

Great post, Musey! We could actually start a whole new blog where everyone participates and fesses up to what they are really doing.

Much to my shame, I was in my pjs the WHOLE day! No Dior, or 20s Flapper dress, just my flannels and raggy chenille. (I'm kidding. No really, I am.) Would I wear that?

Kat

soulbrush said...

i was rushing to work, rushing round at work, rushing home from work, no wonder senita and joe missed their train... wonderful fun again muse, you eccentric old dear you (or are you?)

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Too funny!!

ninja said...

Ha ha that pretty much sums up my day while blogging on some amazing travel adventures. Just instead of picking orange and fig tree grooming I was sitting in a bathrobe in front of the computer.

Anonymous said...

I was really so involved with being in the Express adventure: reading hysterical quips, answering, trying to be funny, waiting for replies. Then something happened...I couldn't snap out of it..no matter what anyone said, I seemed to have to stay in my fictional character. I'm still looking for the jewels, just ordered a case of champagne, delivered by someone named Bond...will the real me please stand up?

sandy said...

"Sneezed the buttons off"...hahaha, Yeah I've done that! Great post and enjoyed it a lot but those beautiful potatoes (what do you call them I'll have to look again)...yum! And you looked so cute in your bunny outfit..hehe.

Renee said...

Imagination is a wonderful thing alright, but as proven here, reality is sometimes even better.

I would have rather jointed you for a nap and a cup of tea on your couch then compared jewels in a stateroom.

Love this post.

xoxoxo

Renee said...

Shoot, sorry I clicked too fast, I cannot believe those are your flowers, they are gorgeous. Lucky you.

I am looking at a sea of dirty snow that is melting and I am afraid to walk on it, it is like a sheet of ice.

Love Renee xoxoxo