Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodnight To Another Splendid Adventure In Blogland


After an adventuresome day and a lovely nightcap with Lavinia and bloggyfriends, we have all retired to our luxurious staterooms for a good night's sleep. Thank you everyone who made this another fabulous, fun and fantastic adventure! Thank you to everyone who rode along with us for a while today!
.
There is much to be sorted out:
.
who has the tiara?
are the pearls authentic?
were Debby's molasses cookies as counterfeit as Lavinia's passport collection?
which passport did Lavinia use
are Senita and Joe still bummed out about missing the train
what was with all the naps
which of Stevie's Turkish delights was most the delightful
what did Bibi order for lunch at the little windmill restaurant
are Poetikat and Petra Michelle going to be up all night watching train movies? Will there be popcorn?
just how many times a day do Janeen and Melody have tea anyway?
did Sparky manage to keep an eye on her emerald necklace? Where did she leave Poirot
how did Karla transition so nicely from a train adventure to a delicious recipe for sour dough bread?
did Mim ever decide - oysters or chicken?
did Lyn figure out the mystery of the coffin? what the tapping was????
did Karna get delayed by the avalanche? did she win at cards?
how did Marie get the corner on the passport verification business?
does Nihal have room for all of us? Did anyone tell her we are all staying with her for a week?
do I thank Linda for those lovely sapphire earrings that I...uh...borrowed? That is my birthstone after all. And she did leave them lying on her dressing table
just what is Debra Kay trying to tell us about room #32
.
and finally, the most pressing of all the questions: what shall we do for our next adventure?????
Poetikat, the Poet Laureate of Blogland, summed up our day with a delightful poem about our adventure which I've printed here with her permission:
.
Mystery Train
.
We've toured on the Orient Express
In em'ralds and cute Dior dress
Our hats in their boxes
Our coats trimmed with foxes
We'd one thing in mind - to impress.
.
A theft of some jewels we thought
Resulted in criminal caught
We enlisted Poirot
But some fool like Clouseau
Our solutions undid - we're distraught!
.
A body, in baggage was found
By someone exploring a sound
Of creaking and scratching-
Some clever plot-hatching
The murderer's now gone to ground.
.
The trinkets and baubles astray
Were retrieved at the end of the day
The thieves? apprehended
For now, it's all ended
Join us again, when we play.
.

Kathleen Mortensen©2009
Like I said; delightful! Thank you Kat! For more of her poetry, wit and wisdom, visit Kat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes!
.
I'm much too tired to sort out all of those pressing questions right now.
.
My pillow is calling as the Orient Express speeds along on this dark snowy night.

18 comments:

Rudee said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time today. I'm so sad I couldn't join you on the trip. Be sure to lock your compartment door before you fall asleep tonight.

Pat said...

Bibi is snuggled up in her little bed now under the bookshelf (just as comfy as her train accommodation...) and awaits her next travel adventure....but not on the Titanic, please...

Lanny said...

You will never believe what I found today inside my grandfather's trunk. Facinating that I came across these letters today, after reading about your Orient Express Adventure over at Sparky's. I had the first one translated, there may be changes made still, and put them over at http://lannystories.blogspot.com/. I know that you have already left on your adventure but I hope you take sometime to read it while you rest in your private coach.

SweetPeaSurry said...

I think I missed the train ...

Maybe next time?

I'm always confused like this though.

Kat Mortensen said...

Ha ha! What was with all the naps! (Could be the real world creeping in, eh?)

Kat

Muse, if you choose, share my rhyme, about our time.

Lyn said...

Thanks a million, Muse Swings, for guiding us through this fabulous adventure. Stolen kisses, stolen jewels, slamming doors, and champagne day and night! Who could ask for more?
Awakened to this real day, just a bit happier, a smile on my face because such a good time was had by all!
What became of the coffin? Fallen off the train, smashed and empty, releasing, of course, the one and only Count Dracula, tap tap tapping his way once more into our dreams!!

Linda said...

I think next time, we all ought to meet in the Drawing Room @ Darhling Lavinia's mansion and have us a good old fashioned Mystery / Whodunit solving day. Smiles and Blessings.

MuseSwings said...

For everyone who joined us on our adventure - it was a pleasure and I look forward to the next.

If you missed this one - you didn't really - we're all still aboard. Hop on and check out the posts!

Grand plan, Linda!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

That was a fun idea! Glad I didn't miss it!

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and giving such a sweet comment.

Unknown said...

Hello Muse,

I'm just popping in to see what I missed! I'm usually round at Lyn's place, where I thoroughly enjoyed following part of your adventure. Kat's poem is priceless!

I'm all agog!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Yes, many loose ends to tie up! Perhaps our next advenute will concentrate on just those!
But as we all know, many mysteries are never solved! Let the mystery be! :))

Again, Muse, thank you for a wonderful time! :))

MuseSwings said...

I'm glad you didn't miss the train either, Karla!

My pleasure, Emalee!

Derrik - thank you so much for stopping by! I enjoyed reading your post about Scotland.

Petra - I had a wonderful day yesterday - today I feel as though I really did spend the day traveling. I need another one of those naps.

steviewren said...

I've been busily putting my travel scrapbook together today. I got some candid (read compromising) photos of Sparky, Petra, Janeen, Musey and LL that I think will come in real handy later. muhahahhaahahahha

Anonymous said...

I'm a day late but please count me in !

MuseSwings said...

muhahahhaahahahha -and I have some of Stevie and her "Turkish Delights"

You're never late - we'll be on that train for days!

Sparky said...

That was fun! And isn't Kat creative!? She's a smart lady. Thanks y'all for making this day really, really fun. It took me a full day of rest to recover. tee hee (PS: I still have my Emerald's thanks to Poirot. Isn't he the dreamist?) ♥ ∞

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my stars, this is GREAT! By far this was the best adventure yet to date. I loved it! Our next adventure hmmm, I'll have to think about that one. Perhaps a theme from a particular movie? Breakfast at Tiffanys? Or a funny Doris Day and Rock Hudson - Pillow Talk? Oh the possibilities!

For the record, I have tea with milk and a brown sugar cube at least 1 x a day.