Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh Deer! It's Raining!

.
It rained this morning for the first time in weeks. I stepped out on the lanai to listen and smell the raindrops and saw a deer across the pond.
.
.
She was kind enough to wait while I dashed back inside and got my camera. I managed to get these shots before she disappeared into the foliage. You should be able to enlarge these for a better look.
.
.
There are two mallard ducks in the picture for Sandy and Shelly. I would say by their activities (the duck's - not Sandy and Shelly)earlier this morning that they are a couple. As my daughter once told me, the ducks were doing no-no.
.
A Quirky Meme

The only housekeeping quirk I have is that I actually do clean once in a while.
Lavinia, at The Birdbath Chronicles tagged eight of her buds to tell a housekeeping quirk. She admitted one of her own in this original Meme of hers.
.
I gave this some thought and came up as empty as my scrub bucket. I asked the Mister for some of his valuable input and the only thing he came up with was "You mean like "lack of"? So, other than walking into my doorwalls after I wash them, I have nothing of quirky value to share. Pop over and visit Lavinia - perhaps her other tagee's have something of quirky to share. I will also tag eight bloggy buddies, and they are:
.
Kalianne of Bygone Beauty - I'm sure she has something quirky to say - like having a neighbor's pet kangaroo stop by to help with the windows.
.
Bibi - A Yankee in Belgrade give us a should be able to give us a photographic perspective - if not of her own, then on of her unsuspecting photo subjects.
.
Jeanne of The Raisin Chronicles - just may have something quirky to add here - she's the one with the "swimming pool" in her upstairs bathroom.
.
Soulbrush's Senita and Joe are a great help with the prickly work of de-cobwebation
.
Debra Kay of Beam Me Up Scotty will perhaps have a quirk or two to tell about cleaning with Oliver serenading in the background
.
Blicky Kitty - I do believe there is something quirky to add from the Blick's perspective

.
Marie of Voila! Vintage Postcards should be able to share something quirky about keeping her quirky postcards in order
.
Sparky's ( of My Thoughts Exactly) house sparkles, I''m sure, so I'm tagging her to see what you can do for the quirk-o-meter
.
Rudee, the Knitting Nurse is settling in to her new home and perhaps has a moving/cleaning quirk to share.
Thank You!
.
Cynthia of The Oasis Writing Link presented me with a Sisterhood Award this weekend. Thank you so much! I love this award! I have a matching pair now- the more pockets filled with Sistahs the better I say! I will wear it proudly! I shared the previous one with the Orient Express Adventurers and I shall keep this new one all to myself, if I may! Stop by Cynthia's wonderful blog of her life and adventures in Puerto Rico!

.

28 comments:

sandy said...

I love the shots of the deer. I always feel "special" when that happens to me, see a deer up close, like they are giving us a quick glimpse of their grace...I've seen a few up close and personal at my oldest son's house in Mill Valley...

Thanks for thinking of me when you see ducks!! I like to be thought of when nature expresses itself.

Lavinia is next on my list to go to...I've been absent too long from so many blogs I enjoy.

Darn life just gets in the way as does my crayons.

larkswing said...

What a great view you have! Great shots - glad the dear waited on you!

Pat said...

Oh, boy, this is fun. But I won't be able to post until Friday or so, is that okay??

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Yeah for your Awards! Thank you so much for the pictures, it's a privilege to share part of your day.

soulbrush said...

deer oh deer housekeeping,mmm will have to think about it......

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

That was awfully generous of those deer to stop and wait for you to get your camera!

Sparky said...

Oh deer me .. a quirk with my housekeeping ... oh this should be a good one! I've asked hubby to critique me so something funny is brewing in the 'ol noggin'. He's smirking too much. Stay tuned. ;o)

BTW, isn't it fun to watch nature doing it's thing? We've have deer come through all the time and sometimes flocks fo turkeys. I love that. ♥ ∞

Kelli said...

..if leaving nose marks on the windows is help, lol! I think Lavinia should get the quirkiness award for washing cartons and cans! Priceless! Thanks for the plug yesterday!
Hugs,
Kalianne

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to get such photos.
And the only thing I clean is my jewelry, with toothpaste, of course. I don't think that's too impudent.
Congrats for more, more awards!!

steviewren said...

Very nice shot of FL flora and fauna you took Musey. Are those bromeliads in front of the mallard pair and the deer?

Shelley said...

You knew I would love that deer & duck photo! You got a two for one shot! Or should I say three! Loved it!!!

Girl Tornado said...

Stopping by to visit via SiTS... love your blog, I'll have to join your stalkers! :)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Those deer are precious ~ how lucky you are to live with such beauty! Happy Spring Friend!

Rudee said...

I'll have to think about this one. I'm not too fussy about dust bunnies-preferring instead to knit and ignore what has accumulated beneath the sofa. That decision has bit me in the butt now that I'm moving. Wish I weren't such a dust accumulating pack rat.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How lucky you are to see a deer from your windows! I only see traffic from mine.

Cute meme --I only clean for company ..lol

Congrats on the award! I'm behind in posting mine from Cynthia. She has a wonderful blog, doesn't she?

Kelli said...

My quirk's posted. Thanks for tagging me!
~Kalianne xo

Lanny said...

Nice deer and ducks! Your duck story made me smile, widely! It is nice that the deer was not impudent and so stuck around for you!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Are those orange flowers in your garden?

MuseSwings said...

Stevie and Yaya - yes - those are the bromiliads I planted last week.

lynette355 said...

Happy SITS Tuesday. Great Meme and Congrats on the award. Love seeing deer!

My quirk is all things must be in order. Closet by type of clothes and then color. Cabinets, food stacked (grocery store style) w/labels facing forward (don't mix products). Just everything has a place and is to be in it if not currently being used.

Anonymous said...

Wow, who knew there were deer so far south. I only thought they were in the north. Duh me.
Anyway, I love your cleaning quirky....or should I say the fact you don't have one! Lucky you. I'll think of you as I grimly grit my teeth and rinse my cans next time.

On the other hand if the deer leaving 'something' behind, maybe poopy scoopy will make it as a cleaning quirkie! For heaveans sake Moosey don't go into the bush barefoot!

-Lavi

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog:)

What beautiful pictures with the deer! And how wonderful to have that right outside your window.

Debby said...

Oh, now Musey...just the other day, you ironed out that little misunderstanding between you and Lavi. There was that money laundering scheme. You cleaned out my bank account. You polished off my credit accounts. Oh. Wait. You're pulling that sort of stuff every time you have an adventure. Okay. So it's not actually a quirk...

Debby said...

Oh, PS, does that mean your little friend is a 'rain deer'?

MuseSwings said...

Debby - that's more like an account cleaning scheme than a quirk heh heh. And another heh heh about the rain deer.

Lavinia said...

Well what about you Debby, claiming to be 'in the scrub' every day?!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Deer and Ducks! Girl you are living right....

Blicky Kitty said...

Oh look at all the impudence I'm missing this busy spring. Mmmmm I'll have to put some thought into it. Oh, I've been meaning to look for the good housekeeping article on your blog and do that as a meme. I'll have to divide the two.