Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blog Of The Day

I was rendered speechless (if that were possible with me) to find a new comment on the Grape Escape post telling me that I had been nominated and chosen for the Best Blog of the Day award!
I know that one of my bloggie friends nominated my post for this award, but I don't know who so I will thank you, whoever you might be, from the bottom of my pea pickin' heart.
I have an idea about that and will see if I can confirm this suspicion so that I may thank you properly. This is a wonderful surprise and honor!
I was not aware of the Blog of the Day site until today. It is a place where we can all nominate our favorite blogs - or even our own - for this award. Click on the award to find out more about how you may nominate yourself or others! What a nice opportunity to acknowledge our favorite blogs!
The following proclamation comes with this award:
*****
Best Blog Awards
.
Best Blog of the Day Awards offers the best selection of weblogs and famous blogs on a variety of topics. Selection of Best Blogs of the Day is usually done a few days ahead of time based on nominations up to that point. Criteria include content, quality, creativity, and the personal opinion of the judges. Judges grant up to four awards each day in recognition of outstanding nominees who are recommended by visitors to the site and by a panel of judges who bestow the honor of a Daily Blog Award upon the recipients. Being named a Blog of the Day Awards Winner can be the crowning achievement of a lifetime of work or it can be the beginning of a new chapter in the life of a blogger. Presentation of these awards can bring acclaim and notoriety beyond their wildest imaginings. The accolades and praise heaped upon winners of these prestigious awards can be best described as fabulous and the stuff of legends. We don't care what blog hosting platform your weblog is hosted on. We want the best blogspot blogs, the best wordpress blogs, the best typepad blogs and so forth. If you know a weblog that should be nominated for these Daily Weblog Awards or if your own blog seems to be a likely candidate for the prize, nominate it by submitting a comment to the most recent award post.

Thank you,

Blog of the Day Awards Judges and Staff

*****

I am speechless and ecstatic and lying on my Dr. West Fainting Couch with a cold compress and my smelling salts. ( and a large goblet of the Dom Perignon I lifted from Lavinia's apartment in Rome.)

16 comments:

Debby said...

Congratulations

*and to think, we knew her when....*

I think that you have rightly diagnosed hysteria. Luckily, you are wise in the ways of Dr. West. I'd eat me a high fat meal immediately, and have another glass of Dom Perignon.

Speaking of which, where'd you get that goblet?

Sparky said...

Bravo! Bravo! Congratulations (again)! It was indeed a fun day, and quite creative. Well worth spending time in front of the 'puter. Glad somebody nominated you.

Take a bow pal. :o))

Sparky ♥ ∞

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

ChaChaneen said...

You and Lavinia deserve it for that fabulous Grape Escape! Enjoy your day of fame!

Margaret Ann said...

WOOHOO!
This couldn't have happened to a more generous, wildly imaginative, hilariously funny, creative person that you! Congrats Cynthia! :)

Lavinia said...

Connie! What a tremendous honour bestowed upon you! Blog of the Day. Wow! Wowee! This is big. BIG . B-I-G!

You've hit the big time sister. I guess you'll forget about all us little people now.

I had better get my goblet back from you before you disclaim even knowing me. (Just like you did at that Latvian Embassy Party in Peru when the Irish police stormed in. Nuff said!!)

MuseSwings said...

Debbie -I did happen to have a high fat meal - I was at a volunteer meeting for the upcoming Bike Fest in Palm Harbor. The dinner included Winghouse wings and Sonney's BBQ - feel much better (and fatter) now, thank you! Gobblet?? uhm...

Sparky! Thanks - taking a bow here.

Hello Mary Lou - Thank you! It's nice to have you as a new bloggie friend!

Janeen it was such fun doing another adventure with my friends and best frenemy.

Thank you so much Margaret Ann!

Lavernia my dear, It wuldn't have happened without you - we have to get you one of these snappy awards now! I just refilled the goblet, so I cannot give it back just yet. I thought it was the Embassy Party in Latvia that the Irish Police stormed. The Peruvian one was the Corsican Police, wasn't it? And we were released on our own precognizance or reconnaisance or something like that. What should we do next? Catherine the Great is having that Ice Palace built and has invited us and there's something going on in Tonga in a few weeks. They need to appease a volcano first so we can't go too early or they might just toss us in.

Lavinia said...

Candace, don't worry about the volcano-toss. They only want virgins. Pa-rum-pah!
I'm so tired right now I can't think straight. I'm only up because I'm waiting for the washing machine to finish its cycle so I can throw everything in the dryer. Then I'm off to bed. It's freezing cold up here and I need my flannel sheets right about now. Yeah, Consuelo, I'm talking *real* cold, *authentic* cold, not that namby-pamby 60+ degrees that Floridian's cry "cold!" about. It's snowing out there Muse! I had to dig out and put on my winter boots for the first time tonight! Where did the time go, I'm certain it was only last week that I was digging out my bikini! Oh who the hell am I kidding, it was last DECADE that I dug that thing out!!

Lavinia said...

I just checked the weather report on your sidebar. 52. BALMY 52 degrees. I'd be slathering on the suntan lotion and ordering another ice tea if I was down there now. Instead of what you're doing which is is lacing up your skates and heading out to do some figure-8's on your frozen pool?

As for the embassies, you've seen one you've seen them all. But you haven't seen an ambassador unless you've watched "The Omen". Remember? Gregory Peck as Ambassador Thorne?

I was watching some of that on youtube today. "I saw its mother Mr Thorne!" Oh that Father Brennan...kinda creepy but I thought Ambassador Thorne handled him well. I'm rambling.....I must....go...sleep!!!

Tea Time With Melody said...

Congrats on your award! It is quite fun to get this one isn't it? :)

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Congratulations on your award! And how are you liking that Anita Shreve novel so far?

Queenie said...

It couldn't have gone to a more deserving person, well done you....

Pat said...

Well-deserved, my dear. I always hurry to check your blog.

MuseSwings said...

Tea Time - Thank you!

Nan - thanks for stopping by so soon after your OB GYN thingie. Anita has written another splendid book. Quite the page turner and rather provoking once the story is told. How can we get her to write faster?

Queenie and Bibi - Thank you so much!

MuseSwings said...

Lavie - gotta go to the dentist again this AM - shall reply upon return. In the meantime, if you get any calls from Interpol, be a dear and tell them I was in Iceland buying reindeer when the you know what turned up missing. Thnx.

Anna Lefler said...

Congrats to you on this VERY deserved award! Bask in it, baby!

XO

Anna