Saturday, November 29, 2008

How Does One Remain Modest and Docile Under These Circumstances?



Vermeer's "Girl With The Plastic Moustache"
(L.L. this painting is not up for "grabs")



Anna Lefler, who sports a moustache and blogs at Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder was kind enough to give me a shout-out on her Thanksgiving Day post! Anna is a humor writer of the 3rd kind and belongs to the coveted Humor Dot Com Bloggers which is akin to being a member of MENSA, The Moose Lodge and the Howdy Doody Secret Decoder Club all in one.

Anna has also been quoted on Blogations ! In her Thanksgiving post, Anna has listed numerous other bloggers that that she follows. The link list will not only give you a good insight into her character, but will allow you to discover bloggers with obscure sanity issues and a boatload of finely honed humor. Stop by and check it out!
.


Thank you, Anna, I am honored to be placed among these fine bloggists.
***


Bwahahaha! It's Mine, Mine, All Mine, I tell you!

In other news from around the world, the winner of the 2nd Antiquities Quiz, hosted by Lavinia of The Birdbath Chronicles has been announced. Lavonia's post featured pictures of several items recently reported missing from the Toronto Museum of Swiped Arts. Questions with multiple choice answers were supplied for each item, and bloggers were given the opportunity to test their knowledge. The winner - a magnificent creature - who answered all questions correctly was announced yesterday. It was yer Swinging Muse what won it! Me, me, all me.

Lavinia, when she is not "browsing" about at the Smithsonian, or placing "trinkets" in her Swiss safety deposit boxes, blogs about wonderful aesthetic, artful and Bebberful subjects. She is also available on a moment's notice for any grand adventure that happens to present itself. The prize for this latest Quiz is the lovely graphic of an ancient urn shown above. I will treasure this prize until Interpol comes knocking at my door asking about the original. If you stop by for a dip in the Birdbath, be sure and admire the lovely urn on her patio - the one with the geranium in it. The one with the fern is another story altogether.

16 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, gee, more things for me to check out--humor and archeology. Gonna do it right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to check it out too. Thank you!

Anna Lefler said...

Well, good Lord! I about fell out of my chair when I landed here!

You are a gentleman and a scholar and I thank you SO MUCH for your kind words - it means a great deal to me to be featured on your awesome blog and the honor is all mine.

It was my pleasure to include your "pad" on my Thanksgiving links list - excellence must be recognized and shared!

Thanks again so much...hope you're having a mellow and trample-free holiday weekend...

XO

Anna

Elizabeth said...

Why did you get the prize and I didn't?
This just goes to prove that life is not fair.
Anyway your blog is lots of fun and you probably deserve the prize more than me .
SOB SOB..........

MuseSwings said...

Bibi and Mary Lou - enjoy your visit around bloggyland - see you when you get back!

Anna - yes having a great weekend! Trample free so far. Stay outta them stores - they're dangerous.

Elizabeth - sorry - but it's here to stay. Mine, mine, all mine!

Debby said...

Oh, Muse. Let's discuss manners and etiquette...

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about a Howdy Doody Decoder Club, but there is a real organization dedicated to Howdy Doody and all the folks in Doodyville....the Doodyville Historical Society, founded 1978. For information contact:

Jeff Judson
Founder/Newsletter Editor
8 Hunt Court
Flemington, NJ 08822
jtjudson@embarqmail.com

MuseSwings said...

Oh, Debby - I must have forgotten myself for a momentito...heh heh heh. But it IS mine, mine, allllll mine.

Sparky said...

Congrats Cynthia! You've beat us all again ...

Hmmm I must have lost because I mistaking thought that one statue was doing the nasty, but, huh, that's just me. [LOL] Me tho thilly. ♥ ∞

Blicky Kitty said...

Meow have something for you over at my place mao.

Mim said...

Oh boy, more crazy people to keep up with - what fun! Hope you had a wonderful and warm thanksgiving...Mim

Dave King said...

As always, an intriguing post.

dianasfaria.com said...

I love your evil laugh!
I checked out Anna's blog, thanks for the tip.

steviewren said...

The only two thoughts that come to me (I presently have menopausal ADD and menopausal dementia, so be nice)are congratulations on your dubious awards and this just proves that birds of a feather flock together, since all three of youse are nuts!

ChaChaneen said...

I've been away for a few days post Thanksgibing and whoa, you've got posts lining out the door! I've got to catch up on all the news! fun, fun!

Hmmm, you won the award from Lavinia? Sounds like an inside-job to me. You know like when your best blog friend gives you all the answers? I'm just saying! ha ha (just joking!) Fun post!

MuseSwings said...

See Sparky - you just have to move your thoughts up a notch - that's where success above the nasties resides.

Blick! Thank you!!!

Mim - I did have a wonderful thanksgiving! Thank you!

Dave - it is a brave person who voluntarily revisits this blog! Thanks for stopping by!

Lilly - Bwahahahaha!

Stevie! I resemble that! This is a place I can set aside all of my failings and inadiquacies and crack myself up.

It is a bit supspicious, isn't it Janeen. Bwahahahah!