Friday, December 12, 2008

A Winter Poem And A Thank You Note


Hearing Snow

Snow falls softly
on a night so silent I
can hear it touch
the trees as I pause
amid black branches bowed
gracefully from
the weight of it then
close my eyes
and listen
just listen
to a sound as gentle as
His love

Cynthia Ann Conciatu
Christmas 2005


Trish of Nana'sLiving The Dream has presented Muse Swings with this beautiful Proximidade Award!
Nana Trish, a dear bloggy friend, is in the midst of her Christmas preparations which include wonderful stories of past holidays, making gingerbread houses and keeping her poor little broken foot elevated. I love visiting Nana's blog to see what she is up to and to share her joy in her granddaughter, Avery ,who is a frequent visitor on Trish's blog.
This is the presentation information that comes with this award:
This is the special "Proximidade" award. This award is a fine one because it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this on-line world (kind of a Six Degrees of Separation sort of thing).

"Blogs who receive this award are 'exceedingly charming' say its authors.This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I will present this award to 8 other bloggers in the very near future! Thank you so much Trish - it is beautiful and I love the proximity of this award!

A Butterfly Award landed on my blog! Margaret Ann of the beautiful as a butterfly Water Blossoms bestowed this upon Muse Swings last week! Thank you so much, Margaret.
If you have not visited Water Blossoms you must stop by - Margaret Ann's art is magical and if that were not enough for beautiful posts she has, over the past several days, posted amazing pictures of her visit to the Chihuly exhibit.

Here are the rules that go with the award :
1. Put the logo on your blog, you can right-click and copy it from above.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate 10 other blogs for this award
4. Add links to those
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
6. Give a reason why you consider their blogs cool.

I will present this beautiful award to 10 other bloggers in the very near future!

7 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved awards, Cynthia!

I love the poem - so peaceful and awe-inspiring.

Kat

LarryG said...

sounds that are as 'gentle as His love' are wonderful sounds. The Father is extremely fond of you Cynthia.

Sparky said...

What a beautiful poem! It actually made me feel all soft and teary eyed (I'm not being a smarty pants, it really is that good). You are so good at writing. :o)

Congrats on the awards! As usual, you deserve the accolates. (Like I always say though, "No applause, just throw money". tee hee)

Say, my Jury Duty doesn't commence until 1PM on Monday! I'll have time to participate some in the doin's Monday. YAY!! I'll put the event on my blog now. This is such an excellent idea. Can't wait!

Stay warm dawlin'. ♥ ∞

Anna Lefler said...

"Arm candycane!" MWAH! You killed me with that one! Girl, you've got skillz.

And I love that poem...

XO

Anna

Betsy Brock said...

Love the poem! :)

MuseSwings said...

Thankyou for your comments!

Sparky! I'm glad to hear you will be around for part of Monday's adventure!

Anna - skillz! You got 'em too! XOX

ChaChaneen said...

Beautiful poem~ (sigh)