Monday, January 11, 2010

Orange you thinking "It's A Miracle, Old Tiger?"

Hello Old Tiger!

Do you even have a clue as to who Dave Garroway is? Here I am dating myself again. Dave G was the FIRST host and presented the first airing of the Today Show on January 14, 1952. He opened his shows with Hello Old Tiger and ended each show by saying "peace" with a raised palm. He introduced the sofa and easy chair method of interviewing guests and brought the news to us in the mornings - at first just to the east coast, and then across the US. Among his many hobbies (astronomy, watch repair, rocket building), he liked to teach birds to say "Birds can't talk"

The reason I even mention Dave is I took the dogs out this morning, and I saw a shadow on one of the ripening oranges. My first thought was Dave Garroway. Weird, but you are familiar by now with how my mind works. My second thought was e-bay. But, alas, shadows don't stick.





The best I can do is offer a characterization of the shadow characterization I saw of Dave G. on the orange.


Or perhaps use a thumbtack to secure his picture to an orange.

And hope that one out of 50 people even has a clue who Dave Garroway is. And want an orange with his likeness on it.

Peace, Old Tiger!

6 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I know who he is-- but only because I work for an NBC affiliate... all things "Today Show" are drilled into my daily job!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Debby said...

You know, I can see exactly how you would have thought 'Dave Garroway' when you saw that shadow on the orange. Impressive. Thank you for bringing this amazing moment to our attention with your clever visuals to illustrate that amazing moment.

The Muse said...

Old Muse here...
LOL as I DO KNOW who he is...Yikes
Ah well LOL
Good to know he is taking Vitamin C,
He hasnt aged at all! LOL

Hello from SITS~

Renee said...

You make me laugh. I have never heard of him.

xoxo

kBw said...

{I've never heard of him, sorry} Stopping by from SITS :) I hope you have a lovely and blessed day today! xo, KA

Rachel said...

I have no idea who he is, but your post made me laugh nevertheless. Thanks for stopping by my piece of the blog world!