Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two Mystery Objects

I hope your Sunday
Is as lovely as mine!

With a pretty Hoya blooming!
And now for the mystery objects - Can you guess what they are?
.
OBJECT #1

.
What is this?



Another view of the same object. I know what it is. I'll let you know on Tuesday


Object #2

I don't know what this is. It's growing on my property in Florida in the shade. It's been growing for about 3 years, is about 3 feet tall with long leaves. It hasn't bloomed, just keeps adding leaves. The stem is woody and you can see that the leaves are veined in one direction and split along the veins. Do you have any idea what it is? I haven't a clue - although it looks vaguely familiar. I will tell you what it is on Tuesday - only if you tell me.


4 comments:

larkswing said...

Beautiful scenes! Hmmmm #1 first reminded me of a dried up orange or pommengranite (sp)??? but then again, a little like part of a honeycomb. Can't wait to find out exactly what it is.

Your second pic reminded me of a plant that I have that I don't know about. I spotted another in a nearby yard and had planned to stop and ask them about it. But mine does bloom - a purple bloom. The other thought is there is some plant called a cast iron tongue, I believe. It reminds me of those. They grow in the shade, no bloom, just leaves. I have seen them around live oaks quite often.

Smiles!

Anonymous said...

Is it a piece from a ham? HAHA

Tricia McWhorter said...

Such lovely pictures. Have no clue about the plant. I think they may grow here in California too—it looks awfully familiar. As for the little coral looking piece it could be a blossom or one of my dog's old chews.

MuseSwings said...

Tricia - You are definitely on to something...you are.